SEVEN KEYS TO REVELATION
The Seven Keys
The First Key -- The Author of Revelation --
A. Revelation tells us who the author is:
1. By statement -- Rev. 1: 1 & 17 - 18.
'The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him --.'
ENOUGH SAID. God is the author !!
2. By visionary scenes -- Rev. Chapters 4 & 5.
'And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll
written on the inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals.'
Beyond all doubt or dispute -- God is the source of Revelation.
B. Revelation illustrates who the author is:
1. Jesus appears to John -- Rev 1: 12 - 20.
'Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last. I am He who lives, and
was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen.'
John sees / was shown both physically and verbally - the
resurrected Jesus Christ.
2. Jesus dictates 7 messages to 7 churches - Rev. 2 & 3.
'To the angel of the church -------.' (to each of the 7 churches).
Jesus gives to the 'church' a message that collectively applies to
the entire true church of each generation beginning at the writing
of Revelation. The entire true church of the 21 century has each
of the problems / circumstances as given to these churches in
chapters 4 & 5 and the remedy (spiritual discernment / repentance)
is the answer for all.
The 7 churches as they individually received their message would
have recognized that John, in prison on the island of Patmos could
not know their circumstances. Thus the 7 churches could realize
that their message truly came from Jesus Christ -- being the only
one who could know their problems and their spiritual condition
and the only one who could prophesy the coming end of creation.
** THUS THE 7 CHURCHES COULD CONFIDENTLY RECEIVE AND
FORWARD THEIR MESSAGE FROM GOD OUR CREATOR !!
WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF REVELATION ???
GOD THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
And He throughly explains that fact with the first 5 chapters of
Revelation. THUS -- emphasizing the importance of recognizing
that God is the author.
A quote from a seminary professor -- Because John knew the
imagery in the book of Daniel and the horses in Zachariah, he
wove into his narrative those similar pictures. --- NO -- No-- NO.
It is not John's narrative.
God said in Isaiah 42: 8, 'And I will not give My glory to another.'
Do not give credit (= glory) to John the Apostle for that which our
God and Creator did -- John wrote only what he saw and heard.
The Second Key -- the 7 'seals' :
A. The 'seals' are prophesy -- not tribulation as has been taught.
1. Seals 1-5 are Life's guidelines by which mankind will be judged
Refer / study 'The Seven Seals' at www.spmint.com
2. Seal 6 describes / prophecies the final day of physical mankind
3. Seal 7 -- describes the conditions that initiate the beginning of
tribulation (Rev. 8: 1 - 4), and -- describes and explains the 7 year
tribulation Rev. 8:1 ff
The Third Key -- In Revelation there are only 2 groups of people.
A. 1st group -- The family of God -- who they are and about their
1. The complete family of God identified -- Rev. 7.
2 groups -- 144,000 and a great multitude from all peoples.
2. The ministry / work of the family / servants of God.
3. Their temporary home - (camp - Rev. 20: 9), Rev. 20: 4 - 6.
4. Judgment within the family of God. Rev: 20: 4.
5. The final home of the family of God. Rev. 21 & 22.
B. 2nd group -- Mankind who are not of the family of God.
1. They are all who have not believed in / nor obeyed their Creator.
2. They rebel and fight against God and the family of God.
3. The last generation of them are totally annihilated, physically by
Jesus Christ upon His return to earth.
4. They are judged guilty at the Great White Throne Judgment and
cast alive into the lake of fire.
The forth key --- three battles / = one war;
A. The rebellious take control of all mankind. Rev. (9: 13 - 21.)
1. The family of God are protected for 1260 days. Rev. 11: 5 & 7
then forced to flee - Matt. 24 -- then delivered / raptured at 1335
days. Daniel 12 & Rev. 11 -- 14.
B. The battle of Armageddon. Rev. 19: 11 -21.
1. The battle is set / prepared as result of 'bowels' # 6 & 7, Rev.
16: 12 - 21, but not engaged until Rev. 19 : 11 - 21.
2. Armageddon brings to an end all physical mankind.
C. The final battle -- Rev. 20: 7 - 10.
1. This battle occurs after the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ.
2. All mankind from Adam to the last person to be born are
involved in this battle.
3. All involved are spiritual beings -- all physical mankind had died
or were 'changed' at least 1,000 years before.
4. The family of God are in their resurrected spiritual bodies --
the rebellious are spirits only -- and come directly from hell.
5. The rebellious, being defeated, immediately stand before the
Great White Throne Judgment -- receive their resurrected bodies
-- are judged guilty and cast into the Lake of Fire. Rev. 20.
THE PURPOSE OF THE THREE BATTLES:
Is that the rebellious, both angelic and human are totally defeated
in every realm -- physically - spiritually - and eternally --
DEFEATED. GOD IS GOD IN EVERY REALM !!
The Fifth Key --- God protects and delivers His people :
A. The designated time when the family of God is complete.
1. No destruction until the family of God is complete. Rev. 7: 3.
2. Tribulation will not begin until all the family of God are saved --
but the last generation will still be physically alive - protected
though persecuted - until 1335 days after the last person is saved
and the door of heaven is closed.
Rev. 8: 1- 4, --- 'Prayers of all the saints.'
Rev. 11 & Dan. 12.
B. The family of God will be removed from the midst of danger.
1. Persecuted -- but not annihilated.
2. Protected for 1260 days (Rev 11 & 12) --
3. The last generation will be removed from danger at
1335 days. (Daniel 12: 11 - 13) --- as the entire family of God will
meet their Lord in the air -- receiving their resurrected bodies.
I Cor.15: 50 - 52, & Rev 14: 14 - 16.
4. All the family of God (from Adam to the last true believer) are
gathered / protected in their temporary home / camp (Rev. 20: 9)
for 1,000 years. (The first resurrection). Rev 20: 4 - 6. (satan is
bound for 1,000 years). Rev. 20: 1 - 3.
The Sixth Key --- The judgments -- one for each of the two groups.
A. Judgment for the family of God -- Rev 20: 4 - 6.
1. This is not a judgment of salvation -- but judgment between
members of the family -- to solve problems that were not or could
not be resolved during physical life on earth.
2. These judgments take place during the 1,000 year reign with
Jesus Christ. (Prophesied in I Peter 4: 17, 'Judgment to begin at
the house of God.') -- (carried out in Rev. 20: 4 - 6).
3. No further judgment for those whose names are written in the
Lambs Book of Life.
B. Judgment of the rebellious of mankind --
1. Physical judgment of the last generation --- Rev. 6: 12 - 17, Rev.
16: & 19: 19 - 21.
2. The judgment of all the rebellious is prophesied in Rev. 17 & 18.
3. Spiritual judgment at the Great White Throne --- Rev. 20: 11 - 15.
The Seventh Key -- THE MESSAGE OF REVELATION --
THE MESSAGE OF REVELATION IS THE MESSAGE OF JESUS
CHRIST IN MATT. 4: 17, 'FROM THAT TIME JESUS BEGAN TO
PREACH AND TO SAY, REPENT, FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
IS AT HAND.'
References to Repentance in Revelation --
***** The seven churches were instructed to 'repent' --
***** The 144,000 would not be before the Throne except they
believed / had faith -- they were 'sealed' -- thus = repentance. Rev.
***** The great multitude washed their robes in the blood of the
Lamb -- thus = repentance. Rev. 7: 13 - 14.
***** Those whose names were found written in the Lamb's Book
of Life -- had repented. Rev . 20: 12 - 15.
ALSO ------ ;
References about the unrepentant;
**** After the great physical battle in Rev. 9: 13 - 21 --
They still did not repent -- refer to verses 20 & 21.
**** In the midst and through the great tribulation 'they did not
repent and give Him glory'. Rev. 16: 9.
**** At the Great White Throne 'they were judged, each one
according to their works' --- they were unrepentant -- their sins
had not been erased from the books.
THIS STUDY SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD AS AN INCENTIVE TO
STUDY AND DISCERN THE MESSAGE FROM THE RIGHT HAND
OF GOD OUR CREATOR.
MANY !! more things need to be learned to understand Revelation,
but the porpuse of these is to point out some important facts.